Communications SpecialistElon University
Elon University is currently accepting applications for a Communications Specialist for Elon College, the College of Arts & Sciences.
Key duties for this new staff position include supporting Elon College, the College of Arts & Sciences, activities as they involve communication through a variety of mediums such as digital and print media, newsletters, annual reports, magazine articles, and videos. The communication specialist will be responsible for disseminating information with affiliated faculty, students, alumni and the public.
- Develop and continuously review and revise the College’s communications plan; oversee implementation of the plan
- In collaboration with the College’s Dean and Associate Deans determine content for the school’s website, social media accounts, and electronic bulletin boards; create and manage the digital content
- Write and edit news stories, copy for reports and brochures, etc. involving the College
- Determine, compose and edit content for newsletters
- Design promotional materials for the College
- In collaboration with Admissions, University Communications, and Advancement, determine the need for and manage the development, distribution and maintenance of College promotional materials
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in communications, journalism, marketing, writing or public relations required.
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.