Building Automation Controls Technician
Elon University is seeking a Building Automation Controls Technician who will provide technician support for the University’s Building Automation System (BAS) to include startup and commissioning of systems, automatic temperature control, lighting control and energy management. One year trade school certification in HVAC, Computer Science, Industrial Automation or related field required.
- Understanding of typical HVAC systems, water based and refrigerant based, such as boilers, chillers, heat pump systems, air handlers, and terminal equipment required
- Knowledge of and skills with tools and materials for general building maintenance required
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems and safety standards required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, tools, and IP Networking concepts required
- Low voltage Building Automation or PLC controls experience preferred
- Working knowledge of at least one controls industry protocols: LON, ModBus, or BACnet, BACnet preferred
- Reading and understanding mechanical plans and controls diagrams required
- Proficient troubleshooting skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
Position will remain open until filled.
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.