Logistics ManagerEck Supply
The Logistics Manager will lead the distribution center operations, facility maintenance, warehouse personnel and logistics in our new Distribution Center in Raleigh, NC.
This position will develop, implement, and facilitate a standard for distribution center operations and logistics; will oversee cycle counting, inventory accuracy, and delivery consistency; will be responsible for all vehicle, maintenance and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage a team of Leads and Supervisors that oversee all distribution center employees, including dispatchers and drivers. Responsible for overall direction, scheduling, coordination and evaluation of distribution center.
* Reviews incoming and outgoing shipments.
* Schedule drivers' deliveries and pick-ups.
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees.
* Plan, assign direct work, appraise performance, reward and discipline employees as necessary; offer assistance to those with concerns or problems on the work floor.
* Ensure machinery and vehicles are in working condition.
* Coordinate with management and sales to meet customer expectations.
* Track customer complaints, questions and inventory problems presented by branch personnel.
* Lead cross functional branch team to educate branch on quality concerns and resolve errors.
* Monitor error rates and customer complaints.
* Develop and implement solutions to improve performance.
* Maintain liaison with customers, internal and external, and other related persons to communicate information related to deliveries, irregularities in shipments, shipment delays, and other related matters.
* Coordinate and participate in special and scheduled distribution center material inventories as required.
* Directly responsible for managing the work of the distribution center team.
* Implements worker safety and health regulations.
* Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations, Purchasing or related equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in a Logistics Management position.
* Detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Knowledge of state and federal law regarding safety and facility management.
* Proven leadership skills, team management experience, training and development experience.
* Experience in development of operational procedures and programs.
* Strong planning, organizational and execution skills.
* Ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Must demonstrate ownership of assigned responsibilities and ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
* Possess a proactive conflict resolution and positive team approach to problem resolution.
* Ability to establish strong working relationships with co-workers and management across organizational boundaries with Sales, Warehousing and Operations teams.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook and Word.