Project Manager/EngineerEast Carolina University
East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 903747
Recruitment Range: $43,030 - $73,523
Closing Date: 03/28/2018
Organizational Unit Overview
Facilities Engineering & Architectural Services (FEAS) is a department within the Campus Operations Division of Administration and Finance. FEAS is responsible for development of the real property of the University. All the traditional services of urban planners, architects, engineers, and other design disciplines are managed by this department including design and construction of new buildings and renovations of existing facilities including campus utility infrastructure.
- Hire and manage external designers and contractors that design and construct or renovate facilities and infrastructure on campus
- Project management of scope, budget, and schedule
- Minimize disruption of on-going University activities
- Work may require considerable contact with user groups or the public to explain standards and regulations, provide consultation and technical assistance, and determine the feasibility of project implementation or continuation.
- Work performed includes exercising judgment and decision-making that directly affects life, health, safety and/or the environment.
Bachelor’s degree in the engineering discipline related to the area of assignment or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Prefer registration as a Licensed Engineer in the State of North Carolina with four or more years’ experience. Prefer individual with experience managing projects including building renovations, new construction as well as infrastructure projects of all types, in-ground and in-facility. Experience with these types of projects occurring in a complex campus environment is a plus. Experience working with NC Office of State Construction is a plus as well. Professional licensure or ability to obtain it within 12 months of employment preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 03/28/2018 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 903747 to ECU Human Resources at http://www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/10111