Medical DirectorEast Carolina University
Medical Director, ECU Physicians
Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University is a 40-year-old medical school with a strong primary care orientation.
The school established a three-fold mission in 1974 that continues to serve as a guiding framework for our overall educational efforts:
- To increase the supply of primary care physicians to serve the state
- To improve the health status of citizens in eastern North Carolina
- To enhance the access of minority and disadvantaged students to a medical education
- The Medical Director shall be hired and/or appointed to provide continuous senior medical leadership for ECU Physicians, including all clinical sites.
- The Medical Director shall report to the Dean and the ECU Physicians Board of Directors.
- He/she shall serve as staff to the Board of Directors, and work closely with the Board of Directors’ members to develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures related to operating the clinical enterprise.
- He/she shall serve as the “Chief Medical Officer” of the practice and oversee areas such as but not limited to peer review, clinical quality, credentialing, customer service, and patient access.
- The Medical Director shall work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director to improve continuously and advance the clinical enterprise under the direction of the Dean and the ECU Physicians Board of Directors.
- The Medical Director shall work closely with the Clinical Management Team and Department Outpatient Medical Directors in working toward our core purpose, meeting our core values, and reaching toward our Envisioned future.
- This work will be strategically guided through the lens of the Quadruple Aim: Exceptional Care, Better Health, Better Value, and Resilient Teams.
- Serve as chief medical officer for ECU Physicians
- Provide reports to ECU Physicians Board (non-voting member)
- Clinical leader of the Clinical Management Team
- Clinical leader of the Clinical Operations Team
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Department Outpatient Medical Directors (DOMDs) in each department
- Lead all credentialing efforts for licensed healthcare providers
- Approve all credentialing and re-credentialing applications
- Chair the ECU Physicians Credentialing Committee
- Coordinate approval of re-entry programs for providers
- Coordinate approval of waivers from the requirement for board certification
- Oversee ECU Physicians quality initiatives
- Directly handle ECU Physicians quality programs through collaboration with Director of Quality
- Selection of quality indicators related to MSSP ACO contract and meeting MIPS goals
- Serve as Co-Chair of the Enterprise Quality Committee
- Serve as a member of Coastal Plains CIN Board of Directors
- Serve as a member of VH Population Health Implementation Team
- Serve as a member of the ACO Quality Team
- Work as a Project Champion for Project CORE – Coordinating Optimal Referral Experience
- Monitor and work with practices to set goals toward improving patient experience measures
- Supervise the Director of Nursing Services
- Scope of nursing practice focused on top of license performance
- Supervise the Chief Operations Executive in collaboration with the Executive Director of ECU Physicians
- Work with DOMDs, Clinical Chairs, and Clinical Administrators to ensure compliance with ECUP Access Standards and optimal template management.
- Ensure clinic workflow harmonization and efficiencies including streamlining referral processes through Lean /Six Sigma process improvement tools
- Participate in Collaborative Practice Alignment Effort with VMG:
- Serve as a member of VH Clinical Transformation Team
- Serve as a member of Primary Care Transformation Team
- Supervise the Chief Medical Informatics Officer
- Directly handle the application of the electronic health record in ambulatory clinic settings
- Ensure close collaboration with Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Information Services
- Coordinate collaboration between Vidant, ECU, Brody Information Officers with the Associate Dean for Research for the purpose of developing a data repository for research purposes
- Supervise the Director of Nutritional Services for ECUP
- Expand accreditation through the ADA and Diabetes Prevention Program
- Collaborate with Vidant Health partners on opening a medical food pantry on site
- Oversee professional liability insurance program
- Serve as a member of ECU Physicians Finance Committee
- Serve as the Clinical Leader for the medical school of adverse weather events
- Clinical duties as a fixed term faculty member in a Clinical Department.
- This is a faculty appointment with administrative duties
- MD or DO from an appropriately accredited institution
- Demonstrated cooperative work attitude toward management, facility staff, patients, visitors, and physicians
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Experience in a clinical, academic setting
- NC Medical License or ability to secure a NC Medical License
- Board Certification of eligibility for board certification in the appropriate medical specialty
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation - NC Medical License
Special Instructions to Applicant
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
Additional Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents.
Vacancy #: 963026
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Applications will be considered until position is filled.
Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 963026 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/12858