Tech Support Analyst-Journey - 952777
Tech Support Analyst-Journey
Vacancy #: 952777
Recruitment Range: $32,473-$72,244
Anticipated Hiring Range: $63,131
Closing Date: 04/14/2023
Organizational Unit Overview
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise-wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
AV service and support is a member of the Client Engagement & Support (CES) unit within Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS). This team collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to provide resources and support for educational technologies including but not limited to audiovisual technology in conference rooms and classrooms.
- Provides Tier 1 and 2 (intermediate) support for Audio Visual (AV) technology, This includes support calls, diagnostic testing, evaluation and repair of equipment, inventory control, preventative maintenance, and general maintenance.
- Assists and provides support to AV operational projects which may include set up and installation of new equipment
- Participates in acceptance testing and commissioning of new installations, maintaining standards related to wiring, equipment rack elevation, terminations, and signal paths.
- Backup support as required in the event of staff shortages or when assistance is needed to maintain uninterrupted service to clients.
- Assists in the completion of special projects and other tasks as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Journey level requires an additional one year of experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Video conferencing
- Lecture capture
- Video network resources
- AV software and hardware
- Computer software and hardware
- TCP/IP networking
- Troubleshooting skills
- Customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- AV industry certifications such as InfoComm, Crestron, Bi-amp, and Extron are preferred
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information and to apply, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 04/14/2023 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 952777 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/60544