Service TechnicianEagle Mark 4
Independently perform advanced repairs on Terminal Tractors to the customer's satisfaction while in the field. Perform necessary service, preventative maintenance, repairs, replacements, installations, or re-building of components to restore equipment to proper operation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Use repair manuals, parts manuals, and parts diagrams to troubleshoot engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, or other components on material handling equipment.
- Load service truck with parts & equipment needed for field repairs to material handling equipment.
- Use lift trucks, hoist on truck, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Use hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, & other components.
- Perform all necessary safety checks on the equipment per procedures & policy. Use miscellaneous resources & computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Use hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment, drains fluids into tubs, cleans parts with rags, cleaners.
- Climb up onto, under, & into vehicles, uses hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble: sheet metal, engines, transmissions, fuel systems, & other parts or equipment.
- Replace pumps, batteries, radiators, bearings, seals, wiring, solenoids, fuel lines, nozzles, tests float valves, glow plugs, alternators.
- Use hoists on service truck to move parts that need to be moved off of vehicle & onto service truck & to move items back to vehicle to be reassembled.
- Use meters, measuring devices, & computers to test & recalibrate equipment, trains operators when necessary, completes warranty paperwork.
- Perform inspections, do preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
Qualifications and Skills Education: Must have a high school education or general educational development.
Work Experience: Six years of experience with at least two years of experience on Ottawa, Tico, Capacity or other similar equipment; Must be proficient in at least two mechanical systems (i.e. transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.) for numerous model lines.
- Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs. Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports.
- Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 95 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
- Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders.
- Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems.
- Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate promoting good customer service.
- Must be able to daily operate an assigned service vehicle as well as be qualified to operate under our Fleet Policy Standards.
- The driver must be able to operate their assigned vehicle for extended periods in order to reach customer's locations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate using telephones to receive instructions and to provide service information.
- Must be able to effectively deal directly with customers at site locations in a professional manner.
Field activities require a valid state driver's license and possess a safe driving record which meets our safe driving standards. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval. Benefits Competitive Pay HOURLY WAGES commensurate with experience. Paid Advanced Training & Certifications. Fixed Schedule 7:30 am to 4 pm. No scheduled weekends or holidays. Paid Vacation - 1 week after 1 Year. Excellent full benefits package with low out-of pockets costs: Medical/ Dental plan & 401,000 retirement plan. Company-Paid Life Insurance. Long-term and Short-term Disability plans. Eagle Mark 4 was founded in Mansfield, Ohio in 1977, known first as Smith Equipment. In 1990 the company was renamed to a more patriotic name in support of the Gulf War, Eagle Mark 4.
The company's purpose was to supply yard trucks and terminal tractor equipment to the eastern US regions and service parts worldwide. Since that time it has grown to service customers around the world in over 97 countries. It maintains the largest inventory of parts for all makes and models of yard trucks in the nation. We believe in innovation and integrity in all aspects of our business and offer exceptional opportunities for professionals to grow and develop their careers. Our commitments to excellence and our employees across North America make Eagle Mark 4 an outstanding choice for talented and passionate people. We invite you to join the team. Team Eagle Mark.