Vice President, Business & Administrative ServicesCollege of the Albemarle
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR COLLEGE OF THE ALBEMARLE
The Vice President of Business and Administrative Services (VPBAS) has comprehensive responsibility for essentially all internal support services to the College. S/he has the primary responsibility to plan, direct and review the activities and operations of business services and fiscal operations for the College; to coordinate assigned activities with other College departments and outside agencies; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the President. S/he will play a major role in providing leadership for the College, planning and setting a standard of excellence in all College endeavors.
The VPBAS directs the development, planning, implementation and administration of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures regarding College business, administrative services and related activities; approves new or modified systems, policies and procedures. S/he oversees and coordinates the activities and operations of College business services including business and fiscal activities, plant operations and maintenance, support services, bookstore operations, management information services and campus safety and security; evaluates and ensures that operations meet the goals and objectives of the College; establishes and monitors program evaluation systems and procedures. Directs the development and administration of the comprehensive College budget; directs the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; implements mid-year adjustments. S/he oversees the coordination of all actions associated with capital projects.
S/he serves as a member of the President's Leadership Team (PLT). The VPBAS working collaboratively with the PLT ensures that accessible, innovative and transformational academic programs are aligned with the College's strategic directives and that the fiscal and physical resources are aligned with those priorities. S/he works closely with the Dean of the Dare County Campus and Campus Administrators, as well as other members of the PLT and College community to promote collaboration, effective and efficient business practices and a student-centered and customer service oriented environment. The VPBAS will also work strategically with the President to ensure fiscal accountability, exceptional physical plant operations/facilities and efficiencies in the day-to-day operations of business and administrative services at all campus locations.
The VPBAS reports to the President and provides supervision to the Chief Financial Officer; Director, Management Information Services; Director, Campus Facilities and Director, Campus Safety and Security.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Six years of increasingly responsible experience with responsibility for business services in an administrative capacity.
- Experience preparing and managing complex budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, positive approach oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to create a team environment.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Three years of experience in post-secondary administration and supervision.
- Experience or knowledge with the NCCCS.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The community college system and a commitment to its mission.
- Principles and practices of campus/college operational functions (i.e. security, maintenance, custodial, physical plant, county budgets, etc.), budget preparation and administration.
- Current trends, research and development in the areas of operational services.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluations.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Organizational and management practices as applied to the planning, analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
- Emergency operations plan of the College, overseeing employees to ensure quick response and safety for the College community.
- Principles and procedures of administrative operations unit.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Use a computer efficiently, especially standard office software.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Oversee the preparation and administration of the operational functions of the College at all campus locations.
- Identify and respond to public and Board of Trustees issues and concerns, as directed by the President.
- Prepare and analyze operational needs and prepare analysis for consideration.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.