Director of Human ResourcesCollege of the Albemarle
College Of The Albemarle seeks applications for the following full-time position:
Director, Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for the overall management of the HR department, including employment, compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, policy implementation, compliance, Title IX (Deputy Coordinator) and employee events coordination.
The Director of HR reports directly to the President and provides supervision to the HR Technician.
Examples of Duties
- Provide information and general assistance to faculty, staff and the public regarding HR policies, procedures and processes; answer questions and provide information regarding personnel actions, employee records, recruitment and related matters.
- Meet with employees and supervisors to address concerns, resolve problems or matters arising from situations at work and strengthen relationships.
- Manage the recruitment, selection and retention process.
- Prepare goals, objectives, budget, Unit Action Plan (UAP) and Administrative Unit Review (AUR) for the HR Office.
- Develop appropriate rules and procedures for the operation, maintenance and management of the office; provide necessary reports of the office's activities.
- Serve as the Liaison for the Strategic Plan Team 1.2 - Employees.
- Responsible for personnel policies and procedures including the College's Diversity Plan; Affordable Care Act; Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Affirmative Action; Title IX; Workers' Compensation; and Unlawful Harassment.
- Respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the public, students, faculty and staff; assist in interpreting and applying personnel policies and procedures.
- Initiate and maintain a variety of confidential files and records including personnel transactions (background checks, contracts for full-time faculty and staff, part-time curriculum faculty); maintain personnel records; input data and maintain computerized data bases.
- Maintain and administer the College personnel systems including classification, compensation and performance appraisal; review and update systems as appropriate; conduct salary surveys; revise class specifications; keep the job evaluation point factor system updated; and provide assistance to the President with all personnel matters as appropriate.
- Assist employees with completion of retirement and disability paperwork.
- Schedule HR training for faculty and staff.
- Coordinate new employee orientations, assist employees in completing required personnel/payroll forms and explain health insurance, retirement and other benefits.
- Coordinate yearly open enrollment for benefits - State Health Plan, NCFLEX and Pierce Insurance. Schedule benefits fair and supplemental retirement representatives to visit all College locations.
- Coordinate Employee Recognition Events - provide information to the Marketing Director for preparing certificates for retirees, faculty and staff award winners and years of service awards.
- Coordinate the Staff Council nomination process.
- Coordinate yearly influenza vaccine clinic.
- Complete paperwork with departing employees and conduct exit interviews as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with major course work in business administration or a related field.
- Over three years of administrative experience in human resources.