Training & Development SpecialistCity of Greenville, NC
CITY OF GREENVILLE
invites applications for the position of: Training & Development Specialist
The City of Greenville seeks a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced professional for the position of Training and Development Specialist. Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Training and Development Specialist plans, develops, and conducts a variety of training programs for City employees. The Training and Development Specialist also develops partnerships with management to identify issues and create effective training solutions.
Hiring salary range: $51,563.20-$64,417.60, depending on qualifications
Full salary range: $51,563.20-$77,313.60
Examples of Duties:
- Develops and designs various training programs; delivers training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques;
- Researches, creates, and customizes professional-quality training materials for classroom and online training;
- Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training and regularly monitors and reports results to management, along with recommendations for improvement as appropriate;
- Identifies training, developmental, and support needs by conducting appropriate analyses;
- Meets with managers and supervisors to ascertain training needs;
- Reviews training materials from a variety of vendors and chooses appropriate materials;
- Evaluates and updates training programs to keep current with new techniques; develops and maintains contact with professional associations, colleges/universities, and other resource agencies in order to stay abreast of new training techniques and technologies;
- Prepares reports, memoranda, and other job-related correspondence;
- Performs administrative tasks such as maintaining training database, monitoring budget, scheduling classes, setting up equipment, coordinating enrollment, etc.;
- Coordinates, promotes, expands, and evaluates the Greenville Youth@Work program;
- Performs other responsibilities and completes projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in training and development, instructional design, or closely related field; master's degree and online teaching experience preferred; and
- Three to five years of adult training/teaching experience in a professional setting with demonstrated capacity to design training and performance improvement programs.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) certification highly desirable.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design and measurement of training objectives;
- The principles of adult learning;
- Current training trends and resources.
- Operating assigned office equipment and associated software.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the execution of training programs;
- Communicate information and ideas orally, in a variety of settings, so others will understand;
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar;
- Use online training techniques and create online training;
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems;
- Instruct adult learners in a classroom setting;
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Work accurately with close attention to detail;
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time when instructing classes;
- Work cooperatively with department staff, other City employees, and the public.
This recruitment is open until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply before August 1, 2018 for first consideration.
FLSA status: Exempt
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer