Systems Analyst IV (Systems Developer)
The City of Greenville Information Technology Applications Division is searching for an outstanding Developer/Analyst to be responsible for a variety of information systems initiatives. Working closely with our Applications Project Managers and other applications development team members, the incumbent will help plan, create, innovate and procure tools for progressive information systems and dynamic data-driven web-based software. The incumbent will help generate system specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies.
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Hiring Salary Range: $71,593.60 - $89,481.60, depending on qualifications.
Full Salary Range: $71,593.60 - $107,390.40
Examples of Duties
- Work closely with Applications Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and estimated timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Communicate with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Develop, test, or procure mobile platform-based systems.
- Liaise and work with vendors and consultants on development or procurement of information systems projects.
- Develop innovative reusable tools and systems.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to management and partners.
- Manage SharePoint environment to include security and permissions creating and configuring new sites, developing custom solutions and web parts with .NET and C# programming languages, and creating and maintaining custom workflows using Nintex Workflow.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Monitor and maintain the public website content management system and related systems.
- Create and configure new and existing websites in IIS to include creating batch jobs using VB script to clean up IIS log files to optimize space, creating and configuring application pools, virtual directories, security permissions, and settings in IIS, and monitor, analyze and troubleshoot website to ensure compliance with branding and site optimization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Also requires a minimum of 5-7 years programming experience directly relating to application system design, systems analysis, and development; must have demonstrated 5-7 years experience programming via Object-Oriented Programming (VB.NET, C#, JAVA, etc.); must have provided direct support for applications developed and deployed within the business.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of relational database systems such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Critical and creative thinker.
- Team-oriented and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a group or independently with little supervision.
- Experience with SharePoint and InfoPath Forms.
- Experience with source code control management tools (Azure DevOps, github).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with agile development methods.
- Experience with mobile development.
- Familiarity of CASE base tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud.
- Familiarity with standards such as W3C and ADA Section 508.
- Project management skills and presence.
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time.