Server/Security AnalystCity of Greenville, NC
City of Greenville Invites applications for the position of Server/Security Analyst (Server Administrator).
The Server/Security Analyst plans, designs, installs, manages and optimizes enterprise servers and related components to achieve and maintain consistent high performance, maximum availability, and reliability of the City's various client/server business applications, systems, and data/information in a 24/7 environment. Configures, implements, and develops processes and procedures for ongoing management of the complex server environment and associated security measures.
Examples of Duties:
• Responsible for server management and quality assurance with respect to tuning, performance monitoring, hardware and software maintenance, and capacity planning.
• Manages the Windows server environment and ensures that service level commitments are met, data is stored efficiently on the network, and critical data is maintained in backup cycles.
• Implements, updates, and maintains security for all server and data environments.
• Complies with HIPAA, PCI, CJIS and other applicable regulations.
• Manages Active Directory security concepts.
• Proposes, designs, and implements technical solutions to complex and varied problems.
• Manages and maintains Windows print servers and queues.
• Manages user relationships and services.
• Provides guidance on enterprise server related projects and issues.
• Supports all Windows Server based systems including test, development, and production.
• Assists the Application team in best practices for leveraging the environment for their server needs.
• Provides after hours support for the entire infrastructure environment.
• Designs and implements scalable server solutions that provide a secure, highly-available, flexible server environment in support of mission critical business applications.
• Manages and supports the VMware environment, EMC storage, and other storage environments.
• Monitors, manages, and supports server systems and infrastructure utilizing relevant support tools and keeping the server environment up-to-date with patches, updates, etc.
• Develops policies and procedures for all items related to the server environment.
• Manages the data backup and recovery environments, keeps disaster recovery environments and procedures up-to-date, and performs methodical tests of the backup and DR environments on a recurring schedule.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Decision Science, Information Systems Management, or related field; and
- Over five years of directly related experience, including advanced server systems experience working in a complex Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 environment and SAN environment.
- An Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Decision Science, Information Systems Management, or related field; and
- Over seven years of directly related experience, including advanced server systems experience working in a complex Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 environment and SAN environment.
- MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MS SharePoint 2010, MS Exchange 2010, MS SQL 2008/2012/2016, MS Lync/Skype Communications Server, Server Virtualization – VMWare, MS System Center, Citrix / XenApp 6, SAN/NAS Technology, HP Server Hardware and maintenance tools, Cisco UCS, Microsoft Cluster Services, IIS, Powershell scripting for task automation, backup to tape and disk, network security.
- MCSE; VCP (VMware Certified Professional); and Citrix certifications
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CCSE, CEH
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- VMware ESXi Server, including design, implementation and administration;
- SQL and/or other database design;
- Backup/disaster recovery best practices with preferred experience with EMC Networker and Data Domain Backup products;
- Patch management and performance tools;
- project management methodology;
- current mainstream computing systems as well as future computing architectures;
- security standards, processes, and procedures in securing the complete server technology environment;
- network security, Internet architecture, routing, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Domain Name System (DNS), firewalls, load balancing, connectivity, and scalability.
- configuring and managing virtualized server environments.
- design and implement enterprise level computer systems infrastructures;
- read and understand a variety of complex technical manuals;
- analyze, problem-solve, and prioritize;
- communicate effectively with users in defining their needs and essential requirements;
- work cooperatively with other employees, consultants, and vendors to manage relationships and maintain technology standards.
FLSA Status - Exempt
Hiring Salary Range - $64,937.60 - 81,161.60, depending on qualifications. Full Salary Range - $64,937.60 - $97,385.60
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer Annually