Human Resources GeneralistCity of Greenville, NC
This position is responsible for the span of human resources functions for designated departments, including recruitment/selection, workforce planning, classification and compensation, benefits, training/development, employee relations, and regulatory compliance. Work involves the application of human resources techniques and professional knowledge to a variety of personnel practices and issues and the exercise of sound professional judgment.
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, human resources, or closely related field; and
- at least three years of professional human resources generalist experience.
Desirable, but not required, qualifications include public sector human resources experience and certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), a SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), a SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), an IPMA HR Certified Professional (IPMA-CP), or an IPMA HR Senior Certified Professional (IPMA-SCP).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Principles and practices of human resources administration.
• Statistical concepts and methods used in human resources processes.
• Federal and state laws and regulations relating to human resources.
• Operating assigned office equipment and associated software.
• Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
• Plan, organize, and prioritize work.
• Work accurately with close attention to detail.
• Work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Communicate orally in the English language with individuals and groups in a face-to-face setting or by telephone.
• Produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
• Work cooperatively with department staff, other City employees, and the public.
Hiring salary range: $60,091.20- $75,150.40, depending on qualifications
Full salary range: $60,091.20- $90,168.00
This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time without notice. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply early.
For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.greenvillenc.gov.
The City of Greenville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.