GIS Technician IICity of Greenville, NC
The City of Greenville invites applications for the position of GIS Technician II (CD/Planning)
Under general supervision of the Chief Planner, implement and manage the City's Geographic Information System; coordinate the development ofGIS applications by users; develop the database design and GIS standards; perform simple to complex mapping and analysis for Planning staff; andserve as liaison between the Planning Department and other City, County, and non-county agencies.
FLSA Status - Non Exempt
Hiring Salary Range - $51,563.20 - 64,417.60, depending on qualifications.
Full Salary Range - $51,563.20 - $77,313.60
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Geography or a related field; and
- Over 1 year of related experience, GIS certification highly preferred
- Associate's degree in Geography or a related field; and
- 3 years of related experience, GIS certification highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- the principles and practices of urban planning;
- development regulation applications and procedures;
- land use concepts and municipal government framework; and
- quantitative methods and research techniques.
- utilizing ESRI software proficiently;
- preparing charts, graphs, maps, and presentations using design apps such as SketchUp, CAD, 3-D modeling & fly-throughs; and
- interpreting statistical data.
- organize and conduct complex planning and research studies;
- formulate relevant recommendations, comprehensive master city plans and maps, and provide technical accuracy;
- direct, supervise, and coordinate several major planning projects concurrently;
- prepare and present clear and concise verbal and written reports of planning activities to internal and external agencies; and
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, other City employees, officials, departments, and outside agencies.
CLOSING DATE: 3/17/19
Apply online at: http://www.greenvillenc.gov
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer