WordPress Developer - Dell Boomi Dell Boomi, an independent business unit of Dell, is the leading provider of cloud integration and workflow automation for building The Connected Business. We're looking for an experienced WordPress developer to create a content hub / portal with custom plug-in and theme development. You need to be strategic, a critical and independent thinker, able work quickly and solve design challenges.
Ensures website performance and content validity Provides capacity planning, as well as systems and applications testing on both a regional and global basis Responsible for development of site specific standards, policies and practices Develops web content, applications and infrastructure related to websites with more advanced graphics and features Partners with subject matter owners and IT to ensure effective, updated, and informative websites Performs web usability testing Partners with IT to prioritize functionality, features, and content into production
Leads the strategic design process and translates business needs into website solutions Proactively recommends new solutions and specifications based on trends and new technologies Manages multiple projects that are highly complex in scope Provides proactive advanced technical solutions
• Create WordPress content portal from the ground up; backend functionality to front-end buildout
• Design pages within portal and populate with content (content will be provided)
• Work closely with development manager and project owner; planning, resolving roadblocks, and providing weekly updates
• Collaborate with associated stakeholders to achieve best results in design, tagging, and overall UX
• 3+ years of professional working experience, with a firm understanding of design concepts and deep knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and SASS (or other precompiled CSS)
• Expert experience in WordPress development including theme and plugin development; incorporating all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, templates, and additional PHP and HTML pages
• Understanding of UI/UX principals • Web Interface Design in both Photoshop and in code; experienced using Adobe Suite
• Responsive Coding Techniques/Mobile-First Philosophy; Optimizing page load times; Cross-browser testing
• Highly analytical thinker; with an eye for detail and the ability to put ideas into tangible form
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving; demonstrates initiative and innovation appropriate to the assignment and timeframe
• Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment; and balance competing priorities
• Ability to self-motivate and recognize gaps in project planning or bottlenecks in processes, and propose solutions without direct prompting
- This resource will need to have experience in creating Wordpress sites for building a site with the focus of being a resource center, internal use, or B to B which will help them understand the logic of this project and how the UI of the website should work. Backend & Fronted experience needed. Primarily will be integrating and setting up plugins. Send portfolios or websites built in Wordpress. Team will be looking for sites that have guided pathways and are built with the business user in mind. Need to show they understand big picture of what the site needs to accomplish. Looking for less design and more development as structure and navigation of the site is paramount. Site is primarily going to build as a resource suppository: sign on element where people need to enter credentials and setup their account. 300 partners with Boomi that will access this site. Informational site to help with on-boarding, training, marketing, sells, etc. 4 month contract. Site (light version) needs to be developed by Feb. 19th and full-site by end of April. On-site 3 days a week at the minimum.
At APN we strive to be the best in the industry. We enjoy a challenge, embrace competition and we are committed to providing the finest services to our clients. We are a close-knit team of high-tech professionals. We place strong emphasis on continuing education for our consultants, and we sponsor various training programs, which relate to consultant's growth, client projects and current technology requirements. In addition to competitive pay, APN Software Services Inc. provides free career advice, resume counseling, interview assistance and much more!